I love Garlic Scapes. I love Sorrel. Naturally, I must combine the two. And obviously, I have to combine them in my favorite mode – soup. I don’t care that it’s the hottest day we’ve had this year. I want soup. It’s still soup if it’s served cool, right? Or does it have a different name?
Garlic Scape and Sorrel Soup
- 1 cup(ish) chopped Garlic Scapes
- 1 cup(ish) chopped Sorrel
- 1 chopped garlic clove (or more if you really love garlic)
- 2 chopped medium potatoes
- 1 quart chicken broth (make your own 🙂 it’ll taste better)
- salt, pepper, any other herb that strikes your fancy
- Milk – enough to thin out the soup or to taste
Saute the garlic scapes for a few minutes, then add the garlic clove and saute a few more minutes. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil and add the potatoes. Cook them until tender. Add the sorrel and let it wilt for a bit and then blend everything until smooth. Add milk. Taste and add seasoning as needed.
Extra delicious with a slice of fresh bread with butter.